Happy National Adopt a Pet Shelter Day 🐶🐱💗
Titus🐕 and Frankie🐺 were both adopted from Westside German Shepherd Rescue (WGSR), and we are forever grateful they were able to save them. Most mornings, you will find them sunbathing in the front window of our office. Come by and say 👋 !
This day raises awareness for the thousands of pets that are waiting for (and needing) adoption from shelters. When you adopt one pet, another gets saved from waiting lists of other pets to be euthanized in animal shelters all over. Since 2002, WGSR has successfully saved and found loving homes for 13,000+ dogs. Animal shelters like WGSR require year-round assistance, and adoption is a part of the process. Since animals are brought in daily, the shelters must work quickly to ensure the animal’s health and well being. Only then can they be adopted into their forever home.
Click the link below to see all of the available dogs, or better yet, visit them in person to see if your dog is waiting for you.….you might even catch Brad there thinking about adopting two more German Shepherds 🤔. ⠀
Below are few ways to observe Adopt a Shelter Pet Day:
- Visit a shelter and consider adopting.
- Not ready/able to adopt? There are lots of ways to support animal shelters: monetary donations, purchasing/donating needed pet supplies, and volunteering your time. You can also support some organizations just by shopping on Amazon using Amazon Smile (www.smile.amazon.com).⠀
- Remember to spay and neuter your pets to help reduce the number of unwanted pets in the population.
- Share a picture of your adopted pet on social media and use #AdoptAShelterPetDay.
- Visit HumaneSociety.org or your local shelter and ask how you can help.